The primary goal of ISC is to foster productive synergies in computational research within the university setting,. Interdisciplinary research partnerships established within ISC are realizing the potential for high-performance computing in a variety of important applications. Research groups are linked by high-speed networks, so that all may share access to libraries, databases, software tools, and visualization capabilities. Each ISC scholar can thus focus on a specific area of scientific computation, visualization or cognition.
Specific goals of the ISC include
- Supporting campus research groups in large-scale computation, computational modeling, numerical analysis, and algorithm development;
- Developing scientific visualization and graphical interface tools for a variety of computational platforms;
- Establishing international multidisciplinary research teams and consortia in large-scale scientific computation;
- Training undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of academic disciplines in technologies of scientific computing and visualization;
- Providing tools and computational infrustructure to local and global research groups.
Next: Future Direction